Our Community Garden
Open Garden on every
9.00 - 12.00
- Comprises of a communal garden and private garden plots
- A community kitchen, meeting room and learning space
- Regular community gatherings, produce swaps, workshops and demonstrations
- Performance and event spaces
- Support for horticultural based micro-enterprises
- Information displays, notice boards and a library
The RCNC Community Garden is a welcoming place where we can all teach, learn,
play, celebrate and grow.
Our food culture is evolving.
We are awakening to the need for a more just, resilient, ecologically-friendly and sustainable food production and distribution system for our communities.
The time has come - we need places where we can converge and innovate!
RCNC envisions a network of inclusive, welcoming and inspiring neighbourhood spaces that support and encourage our pursuit of economically, ecologically and socially-enriching food production through our exploration of ideas and our exchange of knowledge and resources.
We see a future where:
- A network of community gardens, kitchens, learning spaces, celebration spaces, markets and more form a thriving, local, food based culture.
- People feel integrated and welcome in their local community and feel a sense of belonging in a network of innovative and productive community projects that build our resilience, abundance and joy.
- People have embraced eating diverse, locally produced, nutritious, seasonal foods and participate in activities that further their knowledge and skills in relation to food culture and healthy eating habits.
- The Great Southern supports a rich and diverse local food economy that celebrates our place, our history, our people and our natural environment.
We hold regular workshops throughout the year at the Community Garden and usilise the Resource Room for cooking & workshops
The Resource Room is also available to hire for group meetings and events.
View our Programs page for future workshops!